Before we all run off to our respective holiday festivities, I just wanted to take a moment and thank our fans and customers for all the amazing support you’ve shown to us in our first year of business. We’re now 8 months into the launch of ProCakes and I could never have imagined the success we’ve experienced so early on in this amazing journey.
One thing is for sure, it would never have happened without you all and I thank you for that.
This holiday season is a particularly special one for me. Not just because it’s my first holiday season with ProCakes, but also because we’re celebrating in our new home, surrounded by old and dear friends and even though life often goes by at a frenetic pace, I still have so much to be thankful for – my health, my loved ones and the amazing life I am blessed to lead.
I hope you get a chance this weekend to reflect on all the wonderful blessings in your own life. Sure, there are always going to be challenges, drama and a little more chaos than we’d like, but isn’t it better to focus on all the good stuff? Life is short not to look for the goodness in everything.
And with that, I leave you with a little goodness from us. I have made (and guiltlessly devoured) this recipe 3 times so far this month. This weekend will be no different. It’s such an easy recipe, lots of healthy fats and protein and the consistency is just like a regular pumpkin pie you’d find at a bakery (without all the sugar!).
Enjoy the pie, lose the guilt.
Happy Thanksgiving and much love from ProCakes!
Caren Magill, Founder
Each slice has approximately 161 cals | 7g fat | 14g net carbs | 8g protein
- 1, 15oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c ProCakes Protein Pancake and Baking Mix
- ½ coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Sweetener of choice to desired sweetness (I added 3 teaspoons of stevia)
- Note that the pie filling should be sweeter than you want the end result to taste as it loses some sweetness in the baking process
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except the sweetener. Add that in small increments and test until desired sweetness is reached.
- Add contents to a pie crust, or just a lightly greased pie pan if you want to skip the crust.
- Bake at 385 for about 20 to 25 mins or until golden brown on top.
- Let sit for an hour.