I’m a HUGE fan of carrot cake, but don’t for one second let yourself believe that the traditional recipe is healthy just because they’re a veggie in it! Carrot cake, like most cakes are loaded with sugar and wheat flour, which will typically send you into a serious sugar high followed by a dire need to unbutton your pants and take a nap. Not a good feeling for sure.
This is a fabulous alternative because ….
- there’s no sugar
- there’s no gluten
- there’s no crappy fillers
- It’s easy to make
- It’s a single serving recipe
Sign me up, buttercup!
I love this recipe with the chopped walnuts because it adds a nice crunch and walnuts are a super fab source of healthy fats. Between the nut content and the protein punch, you’ll be satiated for a very, very long time.
- 1/2 cup ProCakes
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of carrot (grated or minced in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or coconut milk if you don’t have yogurt on hand)
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 - 2 sachets stevia
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 sachet stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat toaster oven (or regular oven) to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and then add to a well greased cupcake mould or a small muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins or until it passes the fork test (poke a fork in it and if it comes out clean, it’s done).
Thanks for checking us out! Head over to our online shop to have ProCakes protein pancake mix delivered to your door. Our mixes are gluten free, made with no added sugar and provide over 20 grams of protein per serving! Now you can have your cake, and eat it too.
Don’t forget to sign up for our VIP list where we share discounts, promotions and giveaways that we don’t share anywhere else.