Honestly I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to create a recipe for gluten free protein crepes. I suppose it’s just not something I typically think of eating, but in reality, they’re probably more versatile than pancakes because you can enjoy them with sweet or savory toppings. To me, crepes seem to be more of a vessel for whatever you’re eating them with, rather than the main event like a protein pancake.
So of course these crepes are gluten free, high in protein and made with no added sugar, therefore I’d recommend choosing your accompaniments wisely to keep them as healthy as possible. I’ve opted for nut butter and sugar free jam this time, but I’ve also listed some other combinations below that would be equally as awesome.
Sweet Protein Crepe Ideas
- Greek yogurt
- Cream cheese
- Fresh berries (or sautéed frozen berries)
- A sugar free raspberry compote would be total yum
- Cottage cheese
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter (Chocolate Hazelnut is a healthier alternative to Nutella)
- Or even just coconut cream (I think that’s next on my list to try).
Savory Protein Crepe Ideas
- Spinach, feta and sun dried tomato
- Cucumber, fresh dill and tzatziki sauce
- Curry sauce and grilled shrimp
- A BLT (personally, I’m a fan of veggie bacon)
The key to making protein crepes with your ProCakes mix is to use enough wet based ingredients to make the badder runny, but not too much so that it doesn’t hold its form.
I’ve found the following recipe to work the best, but I encourage you to experiment as well. Just be mindful to keep the egg content equal or more to the milk or water content as that’s what binds the ingredients together.
*Approximate Nutritional Info: 240 calories | 27 grams of protein | 12 grams net carbs | 6 grams fat
- .5 cup ProCakes Protein Pancake Mix
- .5 cup egg whites
- .5 almond milk (use whatever milk you like here)
- pinch of sea salt
- Mix ingredients well and add half the badder to a well greased pan over medium heat. Spread the badder out to fill the pan in a thin layer. Cook for about a minute or two or until the edges look well done, then flip once and cook the other side. Be careful not to flip too early or the crepe will fall apart. Repeat with the remaining badder.
*The total macronutrient and calorie value will depend on your choice of ingredients.
Thanks for checking us out! Head over to our online shop to have ProCakes protein pancake mix delivered to your door. Our mixes are gluten free, made with no added sugar and provide over 20 grams of protein per serving! Now you can have your cake, and eat it too.
Don’t forget to sign up for our VIP list where we share discounts, promotions and giveaways that we don’t share anywhere else.