Oh these are tasty.
These protein pancakes were inspired by my blogger friend who takes the most beautiful pictures ever. I decided to take her spin on this combination of pancakes with chia seeds and lemon zest and try it out with ProCakes Mix. The result is something pretty freaking awesome and the chia really adds a super food boost of protein and healthy fats.
The key here is to let the seeds soak in the pancake batter for a couple of minutes unless you want a little crunch. If you do like crunch, cook them up as soon as they’re mixed.
The lemon extract is optional. It’s going to give you an extra kick of lemon, but you can still get that hint with the zest and a little squirt of the juice.
PanCake Pro Tip: Add some coconut oil to the batter to make them a little more moist. It also adds to the nutritional benefit as coconut oil is an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and all round awesome thing to eat.
- 1/2 cup ProCakes Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- the zest of one lemon
- a dash of lemon extract (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes to let chia seeds expand and soften. You may need to add in a little more milk to water down the batter before cooking.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 mins or until pancakes start to bubble then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Makes 3 lovely fluffy pancakes.
Thanks for checking us out! Head over to our online shop to have ProCakes protein pancake mix delivered to your door. Our mixes are gluten free, made with no added sugar and provide over 20 grams of protein per serving! Now you can have your cake, and eat it too.
Don’t forget to sign up for our VIP list where we share discounts, promotions and giveaways that we don’t share anywhere else.