GLUTEN FREE EGGNOG PROTEIN PANCAKES
If Christmas tops your list of all time favorite holidays, then you’re going to LOVE this easy recipe for eggnog, and of course, eggnog protein pancakes. Personally, I’m not a fan of store bought eggnog, so I make my own (um, please ignore carton in pic above – that’s my husband’s doing). My husband adores it, so of course Christmas morning is a big protein fest of eggnog infused goodies around here. (Check out my sugar & dairy free eggnog recipe below)
I’m currently working on a protein eggnog muffin recipe, but while that’s underway, I encourage you to try eggnog in your ProCakes protein pancakes. Just switch out the 1/2 cup of regular milk for the eggnog and if you’re feeling fancy, add a little nutmeg to the mix as well. You’ll get a nice eggnog flavor to your protein pancakes without it being too overpowering.
Topping Tip – mix together a little plain greek yogurt with a little stevia, nutmeg and a few tablespoons of eggnog for a high protein topping for your protein pancakes!
This is a much healthier option to regular eggnog and it's so easy to make! Dairy free, sugar free and high protein.
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 2 sachets of stevia or xylitol
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla or plain protein powder (optional)
- Blend ingredients together in a blender until frothy. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.