So are we all sick of pumpkin yet? I mean, it’s only October and I think I’ve seen recipe rounds up of everything pumpkin under the sun in just the last three weeks. I’m not a pumpkin hater, but I’m also not the type to want to flavor everything from my coffee to my candles with it’s unique aroma.
But how could I left my first Fall season in business pass without at least a few pumpkin recipes? And be prepared for many as I opened a REALLY BIG CAN of pureed pumpkin and hat stuff can go a looooong way.
But let’s start things off with the basics, shall we?
Adding pumpkin to ProCakes mix is really easy. Just reduce the amount of milk used down to about 2 tablespoons or a little more if need be, and still use an egg. The result is a beefier stack of pancakes, and the flavor is really outstanding! You might want to leave them on the pan for a little longer, but I think you’ll find it’s worth the extra minute of cooking time.
BTW, this recipe will also work in a waffle maker.
- 1/2 cup ProCakes Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or just mix up some cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk (or more if necessary).
- Mix the egg, milk and pumpkin in a small bowl, then add the ProCakes mix and stir until well combined.
- Add the mixed to a greased griddles and cook on low for about 2 minutes (until the first sign of bubbles).
- Flip over and cook through for another few minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup or greek yogurt.